HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - POSITION AND POTENTIAL
Expressions of Interest close Monday 25th FEB 2019. Don't miss out!
First time offered in almost 20 years. Entertain and enjoy the sun drenched north facing backyard. Work from home, earn some extra income or use as a teenage retreat with the council approved Granny flat. The well constructed residence. Positioned perfectly within walking distance to local amenities with the bus stop a few steps away. Easy access to the M5, 15 min walk to Mortdale train station as well as local shops, clubs and cafes, it's convenience plus!
3 x bedrooms all with built-in robes plus granny and tandem carport
Solid and well constructed built out of hardwood and fully insulated for the cold and hot days/nights
Located in fantastic school catchments such as Penshurst West primary and Georges River college
North facing fully fenced private backyard with delightful outdoor entertainers area
Council approved Granny flat is ready to go complete with gas, plumbing and electricity
Ample living space with polished timber floors, high ceilings and seperate lounge and dining areas
Reverse cycle A/C, gas cooking, heating and water as well as a 3KW solar electric system
Proudly promoted by an experienced, mobile, tech-savvy, born and raised local real estate agent.
GET TO KNOW MARTDALE
Mortdale is a suburb located in southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales. Mortdale is located 20 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district and is part of the St George area. Mortdale has been known in the past as Mort's Road, Mort's Hill, Mort's Crossing, Mort's Township and Mort Dale. The suburb was named after Sydney industrialist Thomas Sutcliffe Mort(1816–1878) who was famous for pioneering the refrigeration of shipping meat and the construction of Mort's Dock, Balmain. Thomas Mort purchased the land from Robert Townson(1763–1827), who had been granted land in the Hurstville area with his brother John Townson.
A small farming community started when the land around Mort's Road was subdivided into 17 farms. The Hurstville Steam Brick Company (better known as Judds Brickworks) was established in 1884 by William George Judd. The large brick-making chimneys were easily seen from around the district. The first residences were built opposite the Brickworks in 1885. The railway was extended through the district around the same time. The railway divided two of the main farms, Kemp's orange orchard and Parkes's farm near Victoria Avenue, and these were subdivided for housing by 1894. The official title for the suburb was set as Mortdale when the railway station opened with that name on 20 March 1897.
At the same time there was also a push to have the name of Mortdale changed due to its similarity with the suburb of Mortlake and the association with its literal translation from Latin('Valley of the Dead'). Suggestions by various groups over several years included: Leyton, Montrose, Morella, Kingrose and Boronia. A final list approved by the Department of Lands were: Carruthers, Princemead, Wyargine, and Storrieville, but the matter was never resolved.