NEW Address Template for Website.png

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT · RETRO CHARMER

Charming 1950's cottage positioned on an elevated north facing corner block with Hinterland and water views. Modify the existing dwelling to soak in the views. Presenting a rare opportunity for families or builders to custom design a contemporary home and offers scope for future development (STCA). 

Located in a highly sought after area, walking distance to the local shops, river, and deep water access Kennedy Drive boat ramp. 5 mins drive to the beach.

FEATURES

  • 2 bright and airy bedrooms 

  • Original hardwood timber floors

  • Ornate high ceilings 

  • Modern downlights and ducted air-conditioning. 

  • Loads of storage underneath 

  • Fully fenced 620m2 block with established gardens 

  • Secure parking for at least 2 vehicles 

  • Motivated to sell liquidating assets


Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of these particulars, no warranty is given by the vendor or agent as to their accuracy. Interested parties should not rely on these particulars as representations of fact but must instead satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.

 
Justin+Schmith_JOS_2017_022.jpg

AGENT

Justin Schmith
Principal & Director
Estate Broker
L.R.E.A | B.Bus

M: 0422 051 505
E:  justin@schmith.com.au

OPEN TIMES

Please contact Justin Schmith to arrange an appointment.


GET TO KNOW TWEED HEADS

Tweed Heads is a city in New South Wales. It is located on the Tweed River in north-eastern New South Wales, Australia, in Tweed Shire. Tweed Heads is located next to the border with Queensland, adjacent to its "Twin Town" of Coolangatta, which is a suburb of the Gold Coast. It is often referred to as a town where people can change time zones – even celebrate New Year twice within an hour – simply by crossing the street, due to its proximity to the Queensland border, and the fact that New South Wales observes daylight saving whereas Queensland does not.

In 1823 John Oxley was the first European to see the Tweed Valley, and he wrote of it: "A deep rich valley clothed with magnificent trees, the beautiful uniformity of which was only interrupted by the turns and windings of the river, which here and there appeared like small lakes. The background was Mt. Warning. The view was altogether beautiful beyond description. The scenery here exceeded anything I have previously seen in Australia."

Timber cutters originally moved to the Tweed Valley in 1844. After the timber had been cleared, farmers moved in with bananas, cane and dairy farming dominating the area, while a fishing industry developed. The first school opened in 1871.

Tweed Heads was once connected to the Queensland Railways system, with the South Coast line providing a direct connection to Brisbane. The railway opened on 10 August 1903. It had been hoped that the New South Wales government would extend their railway line from Murwillumbah to Tweed Heads, but this did not occur due to cost of resuming the land and the expenses associated with the tunnel and bridge that would be required. The Tweed Heads railway station was located on the western side of Enid Street between Bay Street and Frances Street. The railway line to Brisbane closed in 1961; the site of the station has been converted to parklands and commercial development.