Moving is on the list of one of the ten most stressful life events. Of course, there are relocationist angels who can take care of everything for you. But moving can be simple when planned well in advance - even if you're handling the move yourself. It’s all about careful coordination, planning and organisation. You’ve got this.
• Confirm with lawyers and real estate agents for key collection or key swapping times for Settlement Day
PICK YOUR MOVING DATE
• After Settlement Day comes Moving Day.
• Once the date is locked in, set up a relocation checklist - and start working backwards.
•Set up small milestones, deadlines and targets for planning the move - just like we have below.
4 WEEKS OUT
• Notify change of address
• Create a floor plan
• Keep a Moving Day folder
• Get quotes for
- Removalists & Moving Trucks
- Home & Contents Insurance
- Bond Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Rubbish Removal
- Home Repairs
- Property Inspection, if leasing
3 WEEKS OUT
• Create an inventory
• Gather packing materials
• Sort garden & garage
2 WEEKS OUT
• Start packing down
• confirm Removalists & other bookings
• Organise transfer of utility services:
- pay TV
- electricity and
1 WEEK OUT
• Create a Moving Day Runsheet
• Complete Backups of devices and computers
• Reconfirm Removalists
• Keep packing
1 DAY OUT
• Defrost and empty out the fridge
• Pack a personal bag of clothing, toiletries and other necessities and keep close
• Pack a Back Pack:
- Keep the main key on a lanyard for around your neck
- Keep your wallet, medication and other keys and necessities in the back pack, along with printouts of the Moving Day Runsheet and a kit with tape, hammer, Allen keys, screwdrivers, Swiss Army knife, pens and scissors.
• Sleep well
• Pack a Survival Kit:
- Pack teabags, coffee, sugar, milk, a jug and a few plastic cups with sandwiches, snacks, water and toilet paper into an esky
- Keep important personal items like jewellery and legal documents close by
When the Removalists arrive, discuss parking, access, floor plans and loading boxes and furniture
• Say Goodbye:
- Turn off power and hot water system, make sure taps are tightly turned off and windows are locked
- Complete a final walk through checking gardens, shed, garage, each room, the top and inside cupboards, drawers and closets
- Lock the door and return keys to the Real Estate Agent or new tenant
HOME SWEET HOME
• Direct furniture moving and placement
• If anything is broken or missing, inform the removalists immediately.
• Bask in the joys of a brand new and shiny home
WE CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE
FOR YOUR MOVE
Contact us to see how we can help you.