THE ULTIMATE MOVING HOUSE CHECKLIST
Moving is on the list of life's top ten most stressful events. Of course, there are re-locationist angels who can take care of everything for you - like us. But moving can be simple when planned well in advance - even if you're handling the move yourself. It’s all about careful coordination, planning and organisation.
Just follow The Ultimate Moving House Checklist: You’ve got this.
• Confirm with lawyers and real estate agents key collection and swapping times for Settlement Day
PICK YOUR MOVING DATE
• After Settlement Day comes Moving Day.
• Once the date is locked in, set up a relocation checklist - and start working backwards.
4 WEEKS OUT
• Notify change of address
• Create a floor plan
• Keep a Moving Day folder
• Get quotes for
- Removalists & Moving Trucks
- Home & Contents Insurance
- Bond Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Rubbish Removal
- Home Repairs
- Property Inspection, if leasing
3 WEEKS OUT
• Create an inventory
• Gather packing materials
• Sort garden & garage
2 WEEKS OUT
• Start packing down
• confirm Removalists & other bookings
• Organise transfer of utility services:
- pay TV
- electricity and
1 WEEK OUT
• Create a Moving Day Runsheet
• Complete Backups of devices and computers
• Reconfirm Removalists
• Keep packing
1 DAY OUT
• Defrost and empty out the fridge
• Pack a personal bag of clothing, toiletries and other necessities and keep close
• Pack a Back Pack:
- Keep the main key on a lanyard for around your neck
- Keep your wallet, medication and other keys and necessities in the back pack, along with printouts of the Moving Day Runsheet and a kit with tape, hammer, Allen keys, screwdrivers, Swiss Army knife, pens and scissors.
• Sleep well
• Pack a Survival Kit:
- Pack teabags, coffee, sugar, milk, a jug and a few plastic cups with sandwiches, snacks, water and toilet paper into an esky
- Keep important personal items like jewellery and legal documents close by
When the Removalists arrive, discuss parking, access, floor plans and loading boxes and furniture
• Say Goodbye:
- Turn off power and hot water system, make sure taps are tightly turned off and windows are locked
- Complete a final walk through checking gardens, shed, garage, each room, the top and inside cupboards, drawers and closets
- Lock the door and return keys to the Real Estate Agent or new tenant
HOME SWEET HOME
• Direct furniture moving and placement
• If anything is broken or missing, inform the removalists immediately.
• Bask in the joys of a brand new and shiny home
WE CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE
FOR YOUR MOVE
Contact us to see how we can help you.