GET TO KNOW TWEED HEADS WEST
Tweed Heads West is a town located on the Tweed River in north-eastern New South Wales in the Tweed Shire. The European history of the Tweed Shire began in 1823 when the Tweed River was discovered by John Oxley. After sheltering on Cook Island, Oxely travelled 11 kilometres up river. During the height of the cedar logging industry, the Tweed Valley was one of the wealthiest districts in Australia. Since then, Tweed Heads West is now considered to be a popular location for young families with close proximity to local amenities, access to the M1, and popular Gold Coast beaches.